Jump to navigation
Proceed to checkout
You are here
JW-82140 - Dictionary - Macquarie Primary Dictionary + Bonus Thesaurus 2ed 9780730382140
Dictionary - Macquarie Primary Dictionary + Bonus Thesaurus 2ed
The Macquarie Primary Dictionary has been fully revised for this new edition, using research undertaken for its parent, the respected Macquarie Dictionary, Australias own record of our language.
As a primary dictionary, it is designed specifically to develop and consolidate the language acquisition of upper primary students.
Key features of the Macquarie Primary Dictionary include:
- more than 12 400 colour headwords with definitions in clear, natural language
- new words such as cyber safety, hashtag and welcome to country
- sample phrases and sentences to show words in context
- a simple re-spelling pronunciation guide
- Other words - synonyms within dictionary entries, particularly for overused words
- Word building, Word use and Word history entries, including Indigenous language origins
- shaded colour panels within the body of the dictionary for advice on punctuation and words often confused.
- appendixes including grammar and spelling rules, Australias Prime Ministers, floral and faunal emblems, and other useful information
Get A Catalogue
© 2015 EDSCO Online. All Rights Reserved.