Jump to navigation
Proceed to checkout
You are here
Gift Ideas for Teachers
ERT-ERCC24 - Time - EasyRead Time Teacher Classroom Wall Clock 24 Hr 799439456228
Time - EasyRead Time Teacher Classroom Wall Clock 24 Hr
- This product is the heart of the EasyRead Time Teaching System.
- It sits on the Classroom wall all day every day.
- It displays the time in the most readable way, with the hands always telling the students which numbers they should read.
- Teach your students the 3-Step System and they will all be able to tell the time on the EasyRead Classroom clock as soon as they can confidently recognise numbers.
- What a great way to start the Time Elements of the National Curriculum.
- The ergonomically designed hanger makes it super simple to re-hang after youve used the clock for demonstration.
Show your child that the numbers are all contained in boxes and that the points of the hands penetrate into the boxes.
Explain that they read the number in the box that the hand is pointing to.
Step 1. Read the number at the end of the long hand
Step 2. Say which side of the clock the long hand is pointing to (Minutes Past or Minutes To)
Step 3. Read the number at the end of the short hand
Say it like this: 8 'minutes to' 2
It really is that easy!
Now practise until the 3 steps become second nature.
Teaching a child to tell the time in '12/24-hour' time requires a 2-step Time Teaching System:
Show your child that the numbers are all contained in boxes.
The hour numbers are in boxes with curvy shaped edges, and the minute numbers are in the small boxes around the edge of the dial. The points of the hands penetrate into the boxes. Explain that they read the number in the box that the hand is pointing to.
Now were ready to use the EasyRead 2-step Time Teaching System:
Step 1. Read the number at the end of the short hand: the hour number
Step 2. Read the number at the end of the long hand: the minute number
Say it like this: 10:09
Explain that in the morning when we read the short hand, we say the big hour number thats in the box (1 to 12).
In the afternoon and evening, we can choose.
We can either say the big hour number again (1 to 11), or we can say the small 13-23 hour number.
Either is correct.
Explain that the 13-23 hour numbers show that the time is afternoon & evening, so they cant be used in the morning.
Get A Catalogue
© 2015 EDSCO Online. All Rights Reserved.