Jump to navigation
Proceed to checkout
You are here
RIC-6180 - Box - STEM Projects Year 3 9781925698039
Box - STEM Projects Year 3
While Stocks Last
- The STEM projects series provides opportunities for students to develop Science knowledge and skills, Design and technology skills, Mathematics skills and general capabilities while completing short or long-term projects.
- It encourages students to follow a consistent design process while completing the projects, including finding out information, planning and designing, creating, evaluating and communicating.
- The projects allow students to work in small teams, using effective communication and collaboration skills, to plan, design, create and evaluate a thoughtful and innovative solution to a given task.
- When satisfied with their results students showcase and discuss their designs, explaining how science was used throughout the project.
Each STEM Project includes:
- two introductory cards explaining STEM education; time allocations for using the cards; and tips for planning differentiating, teaching and assessing STEM projects, as well as classroom management and resource management ideas.
- six short-term projects and one long-term project for each sub0strand of the Australian Curriculum; Science, with icons on the back of each card to guide students through the design process.
- six copies of each project to allow for small-group use.
- one card explaining each step of the design process, in child-friendly language.
- one card explaining the Science sub-strand; how the projects can be linked to Design and technology, Digital technology and Mathematics skills; and providing an overview of each project contained within the sub-strand including the task and the specific materials required.
- 28 project cards per year level.
Ideal for Year 3
Get A Catalogue
© 2015 EDSCO Online. All Rights Reserved.