Jump to navigation
Proceed to checkout
You are here
RIC-6178 - Box - STEM Projects Year 1 9781925698015
Box - STEM Projects Year 1
While Stocks Last
- Two introductory cards explaining STEM education; time allocations for using the cards; and tips for planning, differentiating, teaching and assessing STEM projects, as well as classroom management and resource management ideas,
- One card with icons explaining each step of the design process, in child-friendly language,
- One card explaining the Science sub-strand; how the projects can be linked to Design and technology, Digital technology and Mathematics skills; and providing an overview of each project contained within the sub-strand, including the task and the specific materials required,
- Six short-term projects and one long-term project for each sub-strand of Australian Curriculum: Science, and
- Six copies of each project to allow for small-group use.
- The STEM projects provides opportunities for students to develop Science knowledge and skills, Design and technology skills, Mathematics skills and general capabilities while completing short or long-term projects.
- Encourages students to follow a consistent design process while completing the projects, including finding out information, planning and designing, creating, evaluating and communicating.
- Allows students to work in small teams, using effective communication and collaboration skills, to plan, design, create and evaluate a thoughtful and innovative solution to a given task.
- When satisfied with their solutions, students showcase and discuss their design, explaining how science was used throughout the project.
Get A Catalogue
© 2015 EDSCO Online. All Rights Reserved.