|Author: Pat Tompkins||RRP: $ 29.95|
|Publisher: MONDAY MORNING AUSTRALIA|
|Whatever your students' size, interests or abilities, there is a sport, game or activity for everyone!|
Using these innovative and informative exercises, students will learn about the history, traditions and dedication that surround the Olympics, and will also learn how to harness their potential - and perhaps even realise their dreams of becoming an Olympic athlete.
This book has six parts, which revolve around the ideas of:
- learning the history and traditions of the games
- teaching readers ways to test their skills
- exploring the many different sports people play
- informing readers of ways to improve their fitness
- understanding the role of food in fitness
- realising the importance of mental training in sport
- experiencing the Olympic games.
Above all, 'How to be an Olympic Athlete' constantly reinforces to readers the importance of being a 'try-athlete' - having a go and having fun!